Thursday 3 May 2018


Thank goodness that the weather seems to be changing for the better. Some of the older girls have been greatly disappointed because they have had all their netball fixtures in the last week cancelled. Every time we seemed to even think about netball the rain appeared. The Le Gros netball tournament has been rescheduled for next week on Wednesday night and the forecast is good so hopefully it will go ahead then. I will let you know how they do in my next blog.

Fortunately the weather was fine for the girls’ football match so this could go ahead. As I explained last week the girls were taking part in a county football event called the ‘Millenium Shield’ and had got through to the semi-final stage which is amazing. Unfortunately, they were beaten 3-0 in their match but they played really well and did the school proud. I would like to congratulate them on their great run in this competition.

As I also mentioned in my last blog, some of the Year 4 children took part in a primary technology challenge which was held at Oakmere. The challenge for them was to build their own marble run and apparently we were one of only two schools which designed a structure that allowed the ball to roll from top to bottom without stopping. I would like to congratulate all four children on designing a successful model.

We have a long weekend to look forward to which is always nice. I hope you all really enjoy it and I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday. I will not be on the gate on that morning as I have to attend some training but I will be in school in the afternoon.

No comments: