Friday 11 May 2018


I hope you all enjoyed the extended bank holiday that you had last weekend – it was almost as if we had ordered the weather specially. It was difficult to return to work because I felt as though the summer holidays had started – I really hope that the weather is as good when our summer break actually arrives because anything less than glorious is going to feel like a disappointment.

However, no matter how hard it was to return to work on Tuesday I am glad that I did because it has been a really good week for me in school. This is because I coach the girls’ netball teams and this week we took part in the primary ‘Le Gros’ netball tournament at Mount Grace and we won it. Some of you will already know this because you will have seen the report and picture in the school newsletter. Looking at that picture you may have thought that  because of my victory pose I had won the tournament single handily when I actually never set foot onto the pitch –it was the girls that did all the hard work. I would like to congratulate all the girls who took part in the tournament on their brilliant performance (we had 2 teams taking part) and thank them all for representing the school so well.

Next week in school will have a slightly more serious feel because it is ‘SATs’ week - a time which all Year 6 work towards. However, every year when they have taken the tests they always say that they were not as bad as they were expecting and they never are. Our children have been well prepared for the SATs by Mrs Zegallo, and, as we always tell them, they can only do their best and life and learning will continue after those 4 days. SATs tests are only a snapshot of what children can achieve and what is more important is what they achieve in class and the progress they have made with their learning over the years.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend – the weather may not be as good as last weekend but I still think it is going to be very pleasant.

No comments: