Friday 9 March 2018


It is really great that we are coming to the end of a normal week . No constant looking out of the window to check how much snow has fallen and no checking the weather forecast to see what the days ahead are bringing. I feel like I have been given the gift of time because I have been able to do so much more work this week as I have been able to focus on it.

However, it has been anything but normal for Year 5 as they have been on their residential trip to Lincolsfield . After leaving early Monday morning they returned on Wednesday afternoon looking very happy but tired. On Thursday morning, in assembly, they all told me they were still feeling tired but they all got very little sympathy from me. I just told them that it was a good teaching point about how important it is to get plenty sleep. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr da Rocha, Miss Davis and Mrs Alimadadi for taking Year 5 to Lincolnsfield and allowing the children to have such a wonderful experience and help them make great memories of school life.

Preparations for the Spring Fayre are now well underway and I know it will be a great event on the March 24th. You will have received my newsletter about our current co-chairs Emma O’Brien and Simon Hall stepping down and we are now looking for a new chair. As I explained in my newsletter if we do not have a chair to help co-ordinate all of the events we will not be able to run events such as the Summer Fayre and the Fireworks Display and that will be a huge disappointment both from a financial and social point of view. I feel sure that there is someone out there who could carry out the role.

I hope you all have a great weekend  - Spring has officially started so let us hope we get some warmer weather.

No comments: