Friday 9 February 2018


My ears are still ringing from the all the music last night. We had two Valentine’s Discos at the school for KS1 and KS2. All those that attended enjoyed them enormously and I think I enjoyed them a little too much myself because I am feeling a little tired today. I obviously cannot party like I used to. I would like to thank all the members of the PTA and all my staff who helped to make the discos such a success – without all their support such events would not be possible. The next big event run by the PTA is the ‘Spring Fayre. To be able to run this event takes a huge amount of volunteers so if you would like it to go ahead please sign up on the volunteer sheets which are in the school foyer.  Last year’s fayre was very popular and I know this year’s will be as well as long as there are enough people to allow it to run. There are many activities set to take place such as an Easter Egg Hunt and an Easter bonnet parade so sign up to make sure that your child does not miss out on the fun.

I need to have a little moan about uniform. I am noticing more and more children with items of uniform missing  - especially ties. Can you please ensure that your child is in  their complete uniform after half term. I do have children coming into school saying that they are not in full uniform because they had PE the day before. This does baffle me as children are meant to go home in their uniform and leave their PE kit at school. Ensuring that they do not lose uniform is the very reason why we make them change before they leave school. May I also remind you that the only colour socks that can be worn in school are white, grey or navy and not some of the multi coloured neon creations that I am seeing at the moment.

Our sporting calendar is in full swing and many of the older children have been taking part in many football and netball matches. Obviously, it is good to win but as a school we tend not to put too much emphasis on this as we want the children to enjoy the experience and not to be put off if they experience a loss. However, there is a pupil that I do think deserves a special mention for an outstanding sporting performance this week. The girls football teams had some football matches this week and Ellie in Year 5 scored 6 goals in one game  - that is a double hat trick. If she were a premier league footballer the school could not afford to keep her.

All that is left for me to do now is wish you all a lovely half term holiday. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, February 19th.

No comments: