Friday 13 October 2017


As I was at the ‘Primary Head’s Conference’ last week I feel as if it has been  a long time since I last wrote a blog. The conference was very enjoyable and very reassuring in that it was emphasising the importance of making education an enjoyable experience for children because if children feel alienated from the process they will not make progress with their learning. In the past it has all been about data and percentages but there does seem to have been a change in the focus – even from Ofsted – in that it is important that schools concentrate on teaching a broad and balanced curriculum so that the whole child can be developed. We have always held this belief in Little Heath and it is good to get the confirmation that we are correct.

I had a very enjoyable start to my day this morning with the Year 5 assembly. It was based around mystery stories. The children did an excellent job and all the parents I spoke to said how much they enjoyed it. I would like to thank Mr da Rocha, Miss Davis and Mrs Onley for all the support they gave the children in preparing their assembly.

It does seem impossible to believe but our Harvest Festival was 2 weeks ago. As usual our parents were very generous and we managed to raise an impressive £449.60. As I mentioned in my previous blog our selected charity this year is the NSPCC and I know they will be very happy with our contribution.

Next week it is our parent consultations. The teachers and I always enjoy these events because it gives us an opportunity to share your child’s progress with you and how we can all work together to ensure the best outcomes for your child. During the autumn consultations I am always present for the Year 6 consultations so I will not be available to meet any parents on Thursday night but you can always make an appointment to see me at a later date. May I also ask that you stick to your 10 minute slot (15 minutes for Year 6) and do not overrun. If there is anything you would like to discuss in more depth you can also make an appointment to see the teacher at another, mutually convenient time.

Have an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to seeing many of you next week.

 

No comments: