Friday 23 June 2017


The weeks are starting to fly by as we approach the end of term. I know all the children are starting to feel a little ‘demob’ happy but I am not feeling that way at all because there is so much still to do before the holiday. I think the children are feeling in the holiday mood because of the hot weather but I am going to remind them that we still have a month to go and plenty of learning still to cover.

This week got off to a very active start with the Year 5 and 6 building our new computers. This is the second time that we have done this and is a great experience for the children involved. The computers are now complete and waiting to be installed in the computer suite. As it is towards the end of term we think we will keep them for the new term although as we are having our whole water system replaced we may wait until that work is all complete so they do not get scratched or damaged by dust. I would like to thank Mrs Zegallo for organising this self –build project and all the children who took part for their hard work in putting the computers together. I would also like to thank the PTA for donating the money so that we could purchase new computers.

Yesterday was our ’Sports Day’ and earlier in the week I actually thought that we may have to cancel the event because it was too hot – that certainly would have been a first. On the day itself though, after all the worry about the sun, I thought that it may actually rain but the weather was good to us. It was ten degrees cooler that the day before so it was actually perfect for the activities the children were carrying out. It was a hard fought contest but Grangewood were the winners. I would like to thank the PTA for providing refreshments throughout the day.    I would like to congratulate them on their victory and I would like to thank the PTA for providing refreshments throughout the day.   I would like to thank all my staff for their hard work in making the day a success – especially Mr Mills who organised the whole event.

Next week will be focused on the parent consultations so I will see many of you in school. This is a good opportunity for you all to see how your child has progressed since you received their report in March. The teachers are delighted to meet up with you so they can discuss your child with you but I would like to ask you all to try and stick to your time slots. If only one person overruns it can have a knock on effect for everyone else.  If you feel you have something to discuss with your teacher that will take longer than your allocated time please make an appointment to see your child’s teacher at a later date.

Preparations are also well underway for our Summer Fayre which is on Saturday, July 1st from 12 noon to 3.00pm. I know that the PTA are still looking for some help so if you can give them some of your  time please let your class rep know or inform the school office who will contact the PTA for you. As well as being a really great day this is a big fundraiser for the school and the funds are now quite depleted after the completion of the foundation block and the build of our new computers. Our next big project is to convert a classroom into a tech room which will be used for science, D&T and food technology. This will be a great addition to the school. I hope to see many of you at the fayre.

Have a lovely weekend  -  apparently the temperature is going to be a little cooler which the British seem to prefer although I do not mind the heat. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: