Friday 30 June 2017


I am starting my blog this week with more good news because we have won another sporting tournament. On Monday our ‘A’ team won the ‘Potters Bars Schools Rounders Tournament’ . In the final they had to beat our ’B’ team so we definitely can say that we rule supreme as far as rounders in Potters Bar is concerned.

It has also been a very busy week in school because of all the parent consultations. Everyone I have spoken to has appeared happy and I have had lots of positive comments back from all the teachers. As Ms Davis only joined us at Christmas, Year 4 received their annual reports this week instead of a consultation but they can arrange an appointment to see Ms Davis if there is something they would like to discuss in detail.

As you already know it is our Summer Fayre tomorrow and there are lots of preparations taking place in school in readiness for it. The weather looks like it is going to be quite kind to us (although it will not be as hot as last week) and there is going to be lots to do. As it is the official opening of our foundation unit we are also keeping that open so people can have a look inside and see the wonderful facilities we now have available for our younger children. The PTA, as I have mentioned in previous blogs, have purchased all the new resources in the unit and they are also going to pay for the refurbishment of a new technology room in the main building. This will not be happening though until some renovations that we are due to have on our water pipes and heating system are complete.

Next week is a big one for the Year 6 because they are going to the Isle of Wight for their school journey. We will be only one class down but the school does feel very empty when they are away. Unfortunately I will not be around to wave them off this year as have to attend a meeting but I will be keeping in contact with the staff who accompany them throughout the week to make sure that everything is okay. They always have a good time on the school journey and I am sure it will be no different this year.

I normally sign off by wishing you all well for the weekend but hopefully I will see you all at the fayre so I will be able to see for myself how your weekend is going. Let us all hope for sunshine as that always makes the fayre more enjoyable.

 

No comments: