Friday 26 May 2017


At last summer has arrived! I was almost beginning to forget what sun feels like! I know there is a concern about a water shortage but I intend to enjoy the hot weather while I can because it is so infrequent in England that we need to make the most of it. How unusual as well to have hot weather over a bank holiday. Rainy bank holiday Mondays are almost a tradition in England although we have not been guaranteed that we will have no rain and Sunday does not look promising.

As I explained in my last blog it has been a very busy week in school staring with our ‘Sharing Assembly’ on Monday and finishing with the mini-marathon today. Although it was hot, which is not always a blessing for a long-distance race; the children really did themselves proud in the mini marathon today. All the children finished the marathon and conducted themselves well whist taking part which is all we ask of them. Our highest placed pupil was Caitlin in Year 5 who finished second in the Year 5/6 girls’ race.

As some of you will have noticed the new foundation building is now complete. This week we have been setting it up so that the children will be able to use it after the half term. This also means that we can start using the main entrance to come into the school after the half term holiday. As I mentioned in my blog last week all parents will be able to have a look in the new building on July 1st which is our summer fayre when we are having the official opening.

We have the half term break to look forward to which is always good. The second half of the summer term is always filled with great events so we have lots to look forward to when we return. I hope you all have an enjoyable holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, 5th June.

No comments: