Friday 20 January 2017

Most people when they think of January think of it as a dull and dreary month that they are glad to get over but I have found it to be totally different. I feel as if my feet have hardly touched the ground since we returned to school and I can hardly believe how quickly the month is passing. This week I have had lots of meetings and appointments so it may appear as if have not been in school much but I can assure you I have been working.

A big treat for me this week was going to the O2 with the choir to take part in ‘Young Voices’. This is where our school joins with hundreds of other schools to take part in a concert which is staged at the O2. The choir gave it their all and did the school proud with their excellent performance and all the parents who came to watch said that it was a highly enjoyable show to watch. I would like to thank Mrs Robinson and Mr Spring for all their efforts in preparing the choir for the show.

As you know we have double yellow lines outside of the school to keep the area safe for children to walk to and from school. A parent was given a parking ticket this week for parking their car on them while collecting their child from school. Parking attendants do visit outside the school from time to time so please make sure you park in the correct areas. We do not want anyone to get a ticket but remember the lines are there for the safety of the children.

It has also been brought to my attention that some children have not had their PE kits in school this week. I do say this every term but children should bring all their PE kit in on a Monday and not take it home until Friday. This ensures that they have their kit in school and if their PE slot has to be changed (which we sometimes have to do) there will not be a problem. PE sessions are a compulsory part of the curriculum and children need to take part in these lessons like they would any other. It does not matter if their kit is a little dirty because it will probably get dirtier when they have their session. Can I ask you to ensure that your child does bring their all their PE uniform into school every Monday.

That is all for now – have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: