Friday 9 December 2016

When I was typing my blog last week preparations were in hand for the Christmas Bazaar. It was a well-received event and I would like to thank all the members of the PTA who worked so hard to make it a success. I do not know yet how much money was raised but when I have the amount I will let you know.

On Monday the girls’ football team won the Primary Girls Football tournament which was held at Dame Alice Owen. It was a hard fought tournament and our success was finally achieved by beating Wroxham in the final. After talking with Mr Mills he informed me that both teams did the school proud. I would like to thank him for training and preparing both teams for the tournament.  On the next day many of the girls who took part in the football were playing in a netball match at Cuffley. The teams were not able to replicate their success from the previous day but again gave a 100% in their performance and that is all we can ask of any team that represents the school.

Next week is super busy and it will be that way until the end of term. On Monday we have the Sharing assembly and if your child is taking part you will already have been informed. The choir are also performing at Mandeville Court. On Tuesday and Wednesday Foundation Stage and Key Stage One are putting on their Christmas performances for the parents. I am very much looking forward to watching these as they never disappoint. On Wednesday we also have our ‘Open Afternoon’ so that parents can come in and see all the learning that the children have completed this term. Ms Davis, the new Year 4 teacher will be in school on that day and so Year 4 parents can meet her informally for the first time. Thursday is our Christmas Lunch Day which is always popular with the children. After lunch the children will then all watch a film in the hall.

I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: