Wednesday 21 December 2016


The end of term is finally here and everyone is looking forward to the ‘Big Day’. I myself am a little behind with my preparations as we usually break up a little earlier than the 21st and I am used to have longer to organise myself. I am really going to have to focus over the next couple of days to make sure I have everything ready on time.
The children have enjoyed their last couple of days at school. They have had parties and they have been taking part in Christmas art activities in class. As I type this they are enjoying a pantomime in the hall which has become a tradition at Little Heath. From the laughter coming from the hall it is obvious they are having a great time. We will be ending the day singing ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ which always sends the children out full of festive joy. Hopefully normal calm will resume when they return in January.
Key Stage 2 held their Carol Concert on Monday night and it was well attended as always. The children did the school proud as they always do and they had to cope with the fact that the normal church sound system had broken down and so things were not the same as they had rehearsed - I was very impressed with how they coped. There was a slight technical hitch at the end with some of the words but it all added to the fun of the occasion. I would like to thank all the children and the staff for their hard work in putting the performance together and I would like to give a special thank you to Mr Spring for organising the choir and Mr da Rocha for co-ordinating the whole event.
Over the Christmas period, at all our Christmas events, we have been collecting donations for the ‘Crisis at Christmas’ charity and I am pleased to say that we raised £340.87 which I know the association will be most grateful to receive. Today was also ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ and we have collected £134.50 for the ‘Text Santa’ appeal. I would like to thank everyone for their generosity in giving to these charities.
All that is left for me to do now is wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May I also thank everyone for all the lovely gifts that I received  - they are much appreciated. I hope you manage to get some rest over the holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, 9th January.

No comments: