Friday 4 November 2016



There is great excitement in the school because tomorrow is ‘Bonfire Night’ and many of the children are really looking forward to it. This follows the excitement that we had on Monday as it was Halloween and all the children were really looking forward to going ‘Trick or Treating’. This event always makes me feel old because it never happened when I was younger and it reminds me of how much everything has changed since I was a child. When I start thinking how much better things were when I was younger I will know that I am really old.


As usual the children have settled well back into school life after their holiday. Of course this is a very good term for them because so many good things happen in it and it will not be long before people start to mention the ‘C’ word. We have not talked about it yet in school although I do have to admit that some classes have started preparations for it so it will not be long before it is in the general conversation of the children. It seems to come round quicker every year but that could be another sign that I am getting older.


I have certainly noticed a change in the weather since I came back to school and I have seen frost for the first time this year. I was amazed though that some children have been in school without a coat. Unless the weather is really bad we do send them out at every playtime and lunchtime and they will need some outdoor garment for this. I know some children say they do not feel the cold and they may not do when they have been running around for a while but you can never tell how the weather is going to change so please make sure they have suitable clothes for the weather conditions.


That is all for now.  I will be in school for a lot of the weekend because of the firework display so I hope to see many of you then. If you want to see me I will be serving at the barbeque stand on Saturday night. Rain is not forecast but it is going to be cold so make sure you wrap up warmly.

No comments: