Friday 30 September 2016


I am typing this blog after our Harvest Festival. It is always a really busy occasion but one that I really enjoy. One reason is because of all the cake (obviously) but the second reason is that it is a good way to see many parents and chat to them in a slightly informal setting. The children really enjoy the occasion because they like it when their families and friends join them in school (the cake probably has something to do with it as well for them).  I do apologise to the Year 1 and Year 2 parents as I could not stay for their time slot as I had to attend an appointment I could not get out of.

This year the money raised is supporting two charities. One of them is ‘pha’ which stands for the ‘Pulmonary Hypertension Association’ and it is a serious condition caused by high blood pressure which cannot be measured by normal blood pressure equipment and people who suffer from it have to undergo a lung transplant. Unfortunately, not all the people with this condition are suitable for a transplant and even after a transplant the condition can prove fatal. The association is quite a new charity and it is one that we thought was well worth supporting.

The second charity that was selected was ‘Water Aid’. This charity works at ensuring that every person in the world has access to clean water – a fact we take for granted here. When we know how much money we raised I will inform you.

The event this morning would not have been possible without help from the PTA and I would like to thank them for all their support. The next big event organised by the PTA is the firework event on November 5th. This requires a huge amount of organisation and so if you could even offer your help for an hour the PTA would really appreciate it. A letter will be coming out soon for you to state when you can help or you could inform the school office and they will inform the members of the PTA.

I cannot believe that next week it is October although there has been a definite change in the weather this week –especially in the morning. I think it is time to be getting the winter clothes out of storage. I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.

No comments: