Friday 17 June 2016


I know everyone starts to get excited for the end of term as they have the long summer holidays to look forward to but I always find myself wishing we had a little longer at school because there is just so much to fit in. Still, at least when you are busy the time passes very quickly and it will be the holidays before we know it.

I promised you in last week’s blog that I would let you know how the cricket team did in their tournament and I am pleased to tell you that they got through to the semi-final. As I highlighted last week this is an especially good achievement because the Year 6 were unable to take part because of their school journey so most of the children that the team were playing against were a year older. Well done to everyone who took part. I would also like to thank Mr Mills and Miss Kenwell for training and organising the cricket team.

As you know I allowed the children to watch the football in school yesterday. I have to admit I had not given it much thought until I heard that another school was closing for half a day to allow staff and pupils to watch it so I thought I would allow the children to watch it in school (if they wanted) until home-time and then they could catch the end at home. I never thought of those eager football fans who would not want to miss a minute (until it was pointed out to me) which was why I was ‘last minute ‘ in saying the children  could stay in school until the end of the game. I apologise for the lack of organisation and confusion that was caused and if England do proceed to the next part of the competition (which after yesterday’s victory is now looking likely)) and the game is on during the school day, I will make better arrangements.

We had an exciting day in school today with our school picnic to help celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday. It was really nice for the whole school to eat lunch together and it all had a very relaxed feel as the children were not in their uniforms. I would also like to thank everyone on behalf of the PTA as well for all the wine and chocolate that you generously donated this morning. It is only two weeks until our summer fayre which is on July 2nd and all your donations will go a long way in helping to make it a success.

Next week in school is also a very busy one because we have the Induction Evening for new parents and then on Thursday it is our Sports Day which Mr Mills is busying organising. Remember that the Foundation and KS1 Sports Day starts at approximately 9.15am and the KS2 event starts at 1.30pm. Refreshments are being served by our lovely PTA at both events and I know they would welcome any donations of cakes and biscuits to be served with the teas and coffees. These donations can be brought into school on either Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: