Friday 29 April 2016


I was totally thrown this week when people started talking to me about May because I thought that was in the far in the future but it is actually next week – where is this year going? Of course that could be down to my age - I was reading this week that once you get past 50 time really does pass more quickly so perhaps that is what is making me think that this year is flying by.

This morning we had a real treat in the Year 1 assembly. The children performed it beautifully and everyone who saw it thought it was excellent. I would like to thank Mrs Beadle, Mrs Wells and Miss Davis for all their work in putting it together. I would like to give an especial to mention to Miss Davis who wrote the assembly.

 Last week there was a pre-season cricket tournament in which a lot of the local schools were involved. We entered two teams and one team finished second overall and the other team got through to the semi-final before they were beaten by the eventual winners. I would like to congratulate both teams on their performance and also thank Mr Mills for organising and training the teams.

One of the good things about the summer term is that more children like to walk, bike or scooter to school which is great as it is really good for them. May I remind you that if the children travel to school by bike or scooter they need to disembark at the first gate of the school and then push the bike or scooter into the bike-shed. This is to ensure the safety of all the people who are walking into school. May I ask you to remind your child about this rule.

As I mentioned in my last blog, next week starts with a bank holiday so we have another 4 day week. We then have some of our older girls taking part in the ‘Le Gross Netball Tournament’ on Wednesday evening and then some children from Year 4 are taking part in a technical challenge on Thursday so we have a lot going on in school.

Enjoy the long weekend and I will see you all again on Tuesday, 3rd May.

No comments: