Friday 26 February 2016


I am very glad to be able to send you this blog this week because I have been having a lot of problems with my new laptop and it has really been frustrating me! Everything has been taking twice as long to do and my patience has been stretched to its very limit. I suppose technology is all great and wonderful while it works but it becomes the most annoying thing ever when it does not. Let us hope for better things next week.

After the half term break the children have settled quickly back into the school routine. Apart from the Sharing assembly it has been quite a normal week in school but next week there are many events taking place in school. The choir are taking part in ‘A Million Voices’ at the Wembley arena, some children are taking part in a ‘Maths Challenge’ at Haileybury School, another group are attending a Fairtrade service at ‘Our Lady and St Vincent RC’ church and of course, it is ‘World Book Day’ on Thursday. As you all know our theme this year is Shakespeare and we have asked all the children to come dressed as characters from his plays. I know all the children will not be familiar with his works but we thought that this would be a great opportunity to explain to them why he is so important and how many of his sayings are still part of our everyday language.

When I say it has been a normal week I am sort of missing the ‘elephant in the room’ because today is the day that the annual school reports go out. The teachers have spent a lot of hours in writing the reports and I hope you find their comments and suggestions useful in helping to move your children’s learning forward. I have read them all and I am happy at how they reflect the children’s progress and attitude to learning but it is obvious from reading them that some children could be applying themselves to their studies more diligently so, hopefully, if this applies to your child, you will reinforce this message at home.

Although the winter weather is still with us the days are getting longer and brighter so thankfully our sporting features calendar has started up again. The girls have a football match tonight and the boys have one next week. I always find it very uplifting when all the matches start again after winter because it is a sign that spring is on its way. It is hard to believe that it will be March next week and Easter will be over by the end of the month.   

Have a great weekend and I will see you all again on Monday.

No comments: