Friday 8 January 2016


I hope that you all had a good Christmas and 2016 has started well for you. I know that coming back to work after a holiday is always a little challenging but I think it is always more difficult after the Christmas holidays because they are always so busy  and it can actually be more relaxing to return to work. I had a lovely holiday but I was ready to return to my normal routine even though it is difficult getting up in the dark again.

The children, as usual, have settled back into school very quickly and there is a nice ‘buzz’ around the school. I am sure all the children will feel even happier next week as all the school clubs start up again - let us hope that the weather is kind so that we do not have to cancel any. Apparently it is going to get colder which will be a change as it has been so mild recently but I do think anything will be better than all the  rain we have been getting. When it is dark and wet all the time it can be quite depressing.

Some good news that I would like to spread is about some of our staff and pupils who were the focus of a feature in a magazine. For the last few years Mrs Wells and Mrs Onley have run a ‘Cross Stitch Club’ in school which has proved very popular with the children and they have produced some amazing pieces. News of their work spread to a magazine called ‘The World of Cross Stitch’ and they have published an article about them in their magazine which I have put up on the front door if you would like to see it. I know that every week the staff and pupils do great things in the school but it is nice to have their work acknowledged by an outside agency.

Have a good weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning when hopefully we will all have got used to getting up early again.

No comments: