Friday 6 November 2015


I hope everyone had an enjoyable time over half term. I was fortunate to spend my break somewhere hot so it has been a bit of a shock coming back to the British weather and the dark mornings. The good thing about the second half of the autumn term though is that it is filled with lots of exciting events and indeed, we have our first one this weekend because it is our ‘Bonfire Night’ tomorrow night. This is one of the main events in our social calendar and as well as being a most enjoyable night it is a great fund raiser for the school. I am sure I will see many of you there and I hope that the weather is kinder to us than it was last year when it rained throughout the whole event. We still did have an impressive turn out despite the bad weather.

It has been good to see all the children in KS2 in their winter uniform. I think that wearing a tie makes them look extra smart but unfortunately I have had to pick up a couple of children for not wearing ties. Can I ask you to check that your child is properly dressed before they come to school. Can I also ask you to check that all their uniform is labelled with their name because I have also found a few items of uniform around the school and have had to put them in lost property.  It also helps that the name label is somewhere that is clearly visible because unless it is we may not be able to return the item to its rightful owner. 

As I said earlier I hope to see many of you at the fireworks this weekend.  I will be serving on the barbeque so feel free to come over and say hello to me.

No comments: