Friday 11 September 2015

We have had some sunshine this week so I feel that summer is still with us which is great but I do feel that it is on borrowed time. The nights are already starting to draw in and before long it will be back to coats, gloves and scarves. However, before I get too gloomy let us think of better things. The good news is that all the after school clubs start again next week which will really mean that school is back to normal. All the letters have been sent out and hopefully you will have signed up all your children for the clubs they want to attend. I think after school clubs are an important part of school life because they help enrich the learning experience for children which is why I am glad that we run such an extensive programme at Little Heath. May I just remind you that if your child cannot attend a club for any reason you inform the school so that we can let the adult running the club know and we do not waste time trying to see why they have not attended. Can I also ask that if your child is attending an after school activity that whoever is picking them up is on time. I know that sometimes everyone can be delayed due to no fault of their own but I do feel that if people are persistently late that this impinges on the goodwill of those running the clubs. Last night I know many of you attended the ‘Meet the Teacher’ sessions. I hope you found them useful as I know the teachers put a lot of work into preparing them and I do know that many of you feel that it is good to ‘touch base’ with the class teacher early in the year. We deliberately make these sessions ‘adult only’ so that parents do not feel inhibited asking questions they do not want their children to hear. However, if you were unable to attend the sessions all the information that was presented can be found on the class blogs which are always updated at least weekly by the class teachers. The forecast is quite good for the weekend so I hope that you can enjoy some of the last rays of summer sunshine. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: