Friday 13 February 2015


I cannot believe that half term is upon us - where has the time gone? When we return it will nearly be March and soon after that it will be Easter. I must be getting old as all the seasons are starting to blur into one.

It has been quite a busy week in school. We had our ‘Open Afternoon’ on Wednesday and last night a lot of children attended the PTA ‘Valentine’s Disco’. I could only attend the KS2 disco as I had to go to a meeting but all those that attended appeared to have a good time. I would like to thank all the PTA and my staff for the effort they put into the disco which helped make it such a success. Our next planned event is going to be a ‘Talent Night ‘which we intend to hold on March 12th. This is the day before ‘Comic Relief’ so it is our intention to donate half the money raised from the ‘Talent Night’ to them as it is such a worthy cause. We will also be selling the red noses after half term but more details will follow about this after we return from the break.

We also had a ‘Parent Council’ meeting this week. Although we would have liked more people to attend there were some very good points discussed and even though some people were unable to be there they e-mailed their suggestions to the meeting so they could be heard. We will be sending a letter out soon to inform all parents about what was discussed. There will be another meeting next term and we will let you know the date and time of this as soon as it has been decided.

I know people will think that I discuss this issue a lot, but there have been complaints about the parking again. Apparently it was really bad during our ‘Open Afternoon’ when some parents were even blocking people’s driveways,  which is illegal. I have even heard about a parent who actually parked on someone’s drive while they collected their child from school –that is just unbelievable. I am advising people to ring the police to make a complaint. The thing that worries me the most is that a child will get injured or even worse because of these irresponsible parking.

All that is left for me to do is to wish you all have a great half –term. I look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday, 23rd February.

No comments: