Friday 23 January 2015


I have had a very busy week as I have had lots of meetings to attend but I am aware that it has meant that I have been out of school a lot so that is why I have not been on the school gate very much.

It has been quite interesting actually as a lot of the meetings that I have been attending have been about the impact of the new curriculum and assessment which is what our parents’ meeting is about next week. We could have explained about the changes in a letter but we felt it was better to do it in person so that we could answer any questions you may have but it is apparent from all the discussions I have attended that it is still very early days and that no-one is sure what impact the new curriculum or the changes to assessment system will have on children’s learning so we cannot guarantee that we will have all of the answers.

Unfortunately I have had a few parents come and see me recently about feeling uncomfortable on the school grounds. May I remind you that if there an incident that has occurred in school and you need to find out what has happened that you contact the class teacher in the first incident and if you are still not happy, you can contact me.  Approaching parents in the playground to discuss an issue directly can make some parents feel very uncomfortable and harassed and nobody should feel that way when they are picking up their children from school.

This morning we had the Year 3 assembly. I always enjoy watching class assemblies and the Year 3 assembly this morning certainly did not disappoint. It was about time travel and the Stone Age and all those that saw it agreed that it was highly informative as well as being most enjoyable to watch. I would like to say well done to all the children In Year 3 for all their efforts and I would like to thank Miss Kenwell and Mrs Fordham for all their hard work in putting it together.

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend and it does not get too cold to stop us being able to get out and about.

No comments: