Friday 30 January 2015


I have had another week where I have had to be out of school a lot so I find it hard to believe that it is Friday again – where does the time go? I would like to thank all the parents who came to our information evening about the new curriculum and assessment processes on Wednesday night. There was a good turnout of parents and many of those who attended came to tell me how informative they found it. I know as a parent it can be worrying to see all the changes being brought in by government and the impact it will have on your child’s education. I do hope that the evening  reassured parents that no matter what legislation dictates we will always do our best to ensure that all the children in Little Heath develop a passion for learning so they can fulfil their potential. For those of you unable to attend we will be putting the PowerPoint presentation that was used onto our website.

Next week looks quite a normal week for me so I will be in school most of the time (except for Wednesday morning). As far as events goes it is quite a quiet week in school although the KS2 girls do have a football match on Wednesday against Brookmans Park so let us hope they do well. So far this season they are unbeaten which is a record no premier league team can boast. 

So far we have managed to avoid all the large quantities of snow that a lot of the country has had. I am quite happy about that but I know some people are disappointed as they would love to go sledging. All I hope is that if it does snow it comes at the weekend and is the cleared up by Monday so we can have a normal day – snow is not a good thing when you are a head teacher.

No comments: