Friday 12 December 2014


I know Christmas is a wonderful time of year and there are lots of wonderful things going on in school but I think everyone here is ‘feeling the pace’ here and we are certainly looking forward to our holiday at the end of next week. Not that Christmas is a relaxing time but at least we do not have to get up so early in the morning (well at least I do not – I do find it strange leaving for work when the moon is still in the sky). Today has been a particularly busy day because we have had our Christmas lunch in school. May I take this opportunity to thank all the kind volunteers who came in today to help supervise the children at lunchtime during the festivities. 

I saw many of you last weekend at the Christmas Fayre which appeared to be enjoyed by all those who attended. As many of you know I was helping with the ‘Bake-Off’ competition which was not really a job at all. I have to say that I think the standard was even higher than last year and I know it sounds like a cliché but it really was difficult to pick a winner. The Mayor and Mayoress of Welwyn and Hatfield were most glad that they had been invited to judge the competition and thought the whole fayre was lovely. I do not know how much money has been raised yet but I would like to thank again everyone who helped organise the fayre and to all the people who attended. Without such support the whole event would not be possible.

Next week, as you would expect, is extremely busy and I have copied the dates of all the events below to make sure that you do not miss anything. As you will see on Friday we have a pantomime coming into school for the children which has become a bit of an annual event at Little Heath. This year it is ‘Dick Whittington’ and as I mentioned in my last newsletter we are allowing the children to come dressed as pantomime characters but in exchange they must donate at least a pound towards the PTA fund. Please also remember that on the last day of term (Friday, 19th December) we always finish at 2pm.

December 15th
Sharing Assembly (9.00am)
December 15th
KS2 Christmas Carol Concert (7.00pm)
December 16th
Foundation and KS1 performance (9.30am)
December 17th
Foundation and KS1 performance (1.30pm)
December 17th
Open Afternoon 3.00pm – 4.30pm
December 18th
Foundation/KS1 parties (in school hours)
December 18th
KS2 party 5.30 – 7.00pm
December 19th
Pantomime for the whole school.
December 19th
End of term 2.00pm

 

 

No comments: