Friday 3 October 2014


I am writing this after an enjoyable morning of helping out at the Harvest Festival. It is always a very frantic morning with lots of people ‘coming and going’ but it gives me an opportunity to meet lots of parents. I would like to thank the PTA for all their efforts in helping to organise the event and I would like to thank all of you for your kind donations of cakes and biscuits because without them there would be no Harvest Festival. We have raised an impressive amount of cash and the charity that we are supporting this year is ‘Just a Drop’. This charity was brought to my attention by one of our parents. It is a relatively small but impactful international water and sanitation charity who has one simple aim – to reduce the number of children dying as a result of water sanitation diseases. Currently this is the biggest killer of children under 5 across the world and every pound raised gives a child clean water for 10 years.

As well as the Harvest festival I know quite a few of you came to the ‘Book Fair’ last night. I would like to thank you for doing so and try to encourage as many of you who have not done so to attend the ‘Book Fair’. The more books that are purchased by you means more books that we can get for the school. I am a great a believer of the saying that ‘You can never have too many books’ and that is certainly true in a school. 

As I stated earlier I was able to chat to quite a few of you this morning which was good for me because I have had so many meetings out of school to attend recently. Fortunately, this is not the situation next week and I should be in school most of the time. One of the things that I am looking forward to is our ‘Aims and Objectives’ evening. The aims and objectives of a school are at the very heart of what it represents which is why we are trying to collate as much information as we can from all our stakeholders. I do hope that many of you will be able to attend because only then can we truly get a true representation of the views of ALL our parents.

Apparently we are going to have the last of the good weather this weekend and then after that autumn is definitely going to arrive so make the most of the sunny weather this weekend because it could be the last we have until March.

 

No comments: