Friday 12 September 2014


Second week in and the term is now in full swing. Most of the after school clubs have started up again and key stage two have had a particularly exciting week because of their visits to Stanborough Lake. They all returned after their visits very excited with loads of them rushing to tell me how wet they got and how many times they had been in the lake. Getting wet did not seem to bother them but then the weather has been good so that probably helped. Our new children also seem to be growing in confidence and are coming in by themselves – I am sure before long they will all be racing in like all the other children.

Unfortunately I have had some distressing news this week which I feel I need to share with you. We had a complaint from an elderly gentleman who lives in Frampton Road that some children in Little Heath school uniform were walking to school and were knocking on some doors in the road and then running away. He then claims two girls in our school uniform walked into his kitchen and only left when he shouted at them. He claims that the girls left a boon box behind. As you can imagine he was very distressed and shocked and was not able to contact the school until his carer arrived. This is not the type of behaviour that we expect from Little Heath children and I can only hope that the elderly gentleman is mistaken in his belief that they came from this school. What I would ask you to do is if your children come to school with their friends remind them of what is acceptable behaviour and if they do know anything about the incident to come and talk to me.

It was very pleasant to see many of you in school last night for ‘Meet the Teacher’ and I believe that all the sessions went well. I was a little disappointed that some parents were unaware of the no children rule and claim that they had not been informed. The information about the event was in my blog and last week’s newsletter and so it is clear to me that some people are not reading the letters or the blogs which is our way of communicating with parents.

Summer still seems to be hanging on so enjoy the weekend and I look forward to seeing you all next week.

 

No comments: