Friday 26 September 2014


I am typing this today in a sea of red and yellow as everyone is dressed up for the end of our ‘Spanish Week’ which the children appeared to have thoroughly enjoyed. I have had to miss a lot of the activities today because I have had a lot of meetings to attend but I do not think that my absence has spoilt the day. The children have been involved in a lot of interesting activities this week and have produced some really high quality work – some of which will be displayed in the school hall next week. The most important thing is that they know more about Spain than they did at the beginning of the week and I think they will all agree that they do.

I am not going to discuss the argument that occurred outside of the school this week because I think I covered it all in my newsletter. However, I would just like to emphasize that as adults we should be setting our children an example and that includes following rules. Parents should not be parking where the signs show quite clearly that they should not be doing so. The governors and I will be seeing taking guidance as to what measures we can put in place to get rid of this problem once and for all. The police guidance is that the school staff should not get involved in disputes about parking outside of the school but parents can complain to the police directly if they feel there is a need.

Looking forward to better things we have out Harvest Festival next Friday. Over the last couple of weeks the children have been preparing songs to sing to you and I know they are looking forward to performing them to you. If I could remind you that we will need donations of cakes and biscuits sent in on Wednesday and Thursday morning to ensure that we have plenty of cake for Friday (it is the cake that makes it one of my favourite mornings of the year). On the day we also ask for a money donation towards a named charity and we will let you know which one it will be on the morning.

We also have the ‘Book Fair’ arriving next week and starts on Thursday after school. The children always get excited when they see all the new books which I think is a great reaction because you can never have too many books.  As I stated in my newsletter if you are able to help out please contact the school office and then Mrs Richardson will contact you.

I look forward to seeing many of you next week at the Harvest Festival and Book Fair – enjoy your weekend.

No comments: