Friday 11 July 2014


I know it has only been a week since I last wrote my blog but there has been so much going on in school I feel like I have been here for three. I have had numerous meetings to attend, lots of visitors in school, the SATS results have been published, I had my termly visit from the school county advisor, the new children and parents visited on Thursday while many of the Year 6 children were visiting their new secondary schools and, today, it is the school Summer Fayre - I will certainly be glad when the end of term eventually  arrives next week. Still, I should not grumble as it is also a very enjoyable time of year with lots of different activities taking place - I am certainly looking forward to the Summer Fayre and before it even begins I would like to thank all the people involved for all their time and energy in organising the event. Without the efforts of the PTA the school certainly would not be as well resourced as it is.

Last week I received a donation from an anonymous group of parents of a trophy to present to a member of the Year 6 in their leaving assembly. It was specified in the letter that I received with the trophy what they wanted it awarded for.   Although the governing body and I very much appreciate the gesture we feel that the award duplicates one that we already have. I would appreciate it if the parents who donated it could come and see me.

Although everyone always looks forward to the end of term it is also a bit of a sad time for us because we are losing our Year 6 for good. We do wish them well in their new schools and we hope that they take happy memories of Little Heath with them. We do try and make the last week of term special for them as they have a party and a leavers’ assembly to which the parents of Year 6 are invited. They also put on a performance for their friends and families and the rest of the school have an opportunity to see it during the week. This year it is ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ and I know everyone who has been invited is looking forward to watching it. As well as that the Year 6 have the opportunity to play the school staff at rounders. Every year I am determined to win but every year we get beaten so if everyone could send positive thoughts in my direction on Wednesday I would appreciate it – perhaps the staff can finally break their losing streak this year.

I am sure that I will see many of you at the Summer Fayre tonight although I will not be staying to the end as I have to attend a charity event that I was committed to before the date for the Summer Fayre was set. I hope you all have a great time and you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: