Friday 20 June 2014

I cannot believe a week has passed since I wrote my last blog but that is what happens at this time of year. Everything passes by in a whirl because there is so much happening and before we know it, it will be the end of term and another year will have passed by. As I am typing this preparations are well underway for the second part of our “Grow a Pound” event. After this has been held we will total the amounts and then let you know which class was the most successful. Although that will be important to the children it does not concern me too much as I think the most important thing about this event has been the process of the classes putting their ‘business venture’ together. I am also sorry that I could not attend the actual event but I am sure that everyone will tell me about it on Monday.
Next week is a big one in school because we are having our ‘Sports Day’ on Wednesday. The KS1 event will start at approximately 9.15am and the KS2 event starts at approximately 1.30pm. This is a hugely enjoyable day for both the children and the parents so let us all pray for fine weather.  If we are unable to hold this event for any reason we will inform you as soon as possible but unfortunately we are at the mercy of the elements and we may not be able to inform you until Wednesday morning. The reserve day is Friday but hopefully we will not need to go to this day. As you already know Friday is going to be ‘World Cup Day’ in school when all the children can come to school dressed in their favourite football strip or sport s clothes so if the Sports day has to take place on this day they can just wear what they have on to participate. Remember they must bring in a donation to give to the PTA for the’ Summer Fayre’ if they do not wear their uniform. The donations they would like are red wine/white wine/ Prosecco (these will have to be brought in by adults), new toys or wrapped sweets.

That is all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing you all next week.

No comments: