Friday 23 May 2014


I feel like I have not been in school very much this week as I have had to attend a lot of meetings and I have accompanied the children on a few visits so I have to admit that I could hardly believe the week had passed and half- term is here – let us hope that next week does not go as quickly when we are actually on holiday.

One of the important events that I had to do this week was interview for the Year 4 position and I am glad to announce that we were able to appoint. When all the paperwork and safeguarding checks have been completed I will announce who the successful candidate is.

The Oakmere mini marathon was held this morning and it was the first one that I did not go to as I had to attend some training. However, all went smoothly and some of our children did very well. Two boys in Year 4 finished 2nd and 5th in their event and three boys in Year 5 finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in their race. I would like to thank all the staff who attended the event for their efforts in ensuring that the event ran smoothly.

All that is left for me to do now is to hope you have a good half term holiday and I look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday, 2nd June. I must remind the Year 6 to have lots of sleep during the holiday because when they come back they are going to Kingswood for the week and they will need lots of energy for all the activities they will be involved in.

No comments: