Friday 21 March 2014


We have certainly had an eventful morning today. This is because we have had the whole school performing to ‘Happy’ for Sport’s Relief. I do not know how the panel on ’Strictly Come Dancing’ would judge it but we certainly had a good time and what we lacked in technique we made up with enthusiasm. I did not venture onto the stage because when we had a sound check in the morning I thought I would do a little dance on the playground and tripped over my own feet so I was considered too much of a health and safety risk to put on the stage. We did video the event and we will get it uploaded onto the website as quickly as possible.  I do not know how much money we raised with the sale of bracelets or donations but as soon as I do I will let you know.

The busy morning followed an active afternoon as we held our second maths event yesterday. This event was for KS2 and as with the KS1 event was well attended and received. I would once again like to thank Mrs Hopkins for organising the event and to all my staff for helping to run it. We will now see if we can organise something similar for literacy in the future.

Next week we do not have quite such a busy week in school although we are having a karate demonstration in our assembly on Tuesday. Preparations are also well underway for ‘Cinderella Rockerfella’ which Years 3, 4 and 5 are putting on the following week and which I am very much looking forward to watching. Then after that it is the Easter holiday. Where does the time go?

I hope you all have a nice weekend even though it is predicted to be colder than last weekend.  I will see you all next week.

 

No comments: