Friday 28 February 2014


I have had a very busy this week but one of the benefits of that is I cannot believe it is Friday and the weekend is ahead of me. If all the weeks pass as quickly as this one it will be Easter before we know it. One of the more enjoyable things that I did this week was join the foundation stage children on their trip to Cuffley Camp. A great time was had by all, especially the children who all left the camp a little muddy and rather tired but all very happy. Some of them were even excited by the coach journey to and from the camp even though it only lasted about ten minutes – perhaps we need to organise a trip on a bus so they can enjoy that experience again!

As you will all know the school reports went home today (apart from the reception class).  I know it can be an anxious time for a parent receiving this but after having read them the reports I do not think that anybody has anything to really worry about. The teachers do put a lot of time and thought into the reports and so I would ask you that you do focus on the comments rather than the grades because research has shown that the most positive thing you can do to help move a child’s learning on is to focus on the progress they have made and what they need to do to improve rather than where they are now.

Next week there is again a lot happening in school. We have a Sharing Assembly on Monday and Year 2 have their class assembly on Friday. There are some dance and healthy eating workshops taking part in Year 1 and Year 5 and some Year 6 children are going to be attending a maths event at another school. On Thursday it is World Book Day when all the children can come to school dressed as a monster or a fairy in exchange for bringing in an item to put on the tombola stall in the summer.  I also have a lot of meetings and committees to attend so I imagine next week is going to fly by like this one.

Have a good weekend and I will see you all again next week.

 

No comments: