Friday 14 June 2013


I have certainly had an action-packed week in school. On Wednesday I joined the Foundation stage for their trip to Whipsnade Zoo. We were all slightly worried about the day because the weather forecast was so bad but fortunately the dry weather just about managed to last while we were there and a good time was had by all. There were lots of different animals and shows for us all to see – I was really pleased to see some hippos because they are one of my favourite animals.

Last night we had a talent night in school and everyone who attended thought it was a fabulous night.  Each time we hold an evening like this I am just amazed at the amount of talent that we have in school and all the children who took part should be very proud of their performances. I would also like to thank the staff and the PTA who all contributed to make this a successful event. When I know exactly how much money has been raised I will inform you – I may even do that via a tweet!

We also had some very good news this week. A while ago some of the children in KS2 entered the junior section of the Rotary Club’s Young Writer competition which had the theme of peace. There were entries from schools in Brookmans Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar and I am pleased to announce that we had a clean sweep in the competition with pupils from Little Heath finished finishing first, second and third. The pupils who won were Sophie from Year 6, Ben from Year 5 and Zoe from Year 6 respectively. Their entries were then put into the next round of the competition which included entries from Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire and I am delighted to say that Sophie finished runner-up in this section. Well done to everyone who took part.

As is always the way in the summer term every week seems to be jam-packed with different events. Next week we have some children taking part in cricket and football tournaments and then as you all know we have our Summer Fayre on Friday night from 6- 9pm. This is always a great fundraiser for the school but as well as that it is also a great night out. I hope to see lots of you then. You will find me in the stocks for part of the evening!  

No comments: