Thursday 20 June 2013


I am publishing my blog a day early this week as I am out of school during the day tomorrow and then when I return I will be busy at the School Fayre. As I have mentioned in some of my earlier blogs everything seems to pass by in a blur at this time of year because so much is happening in school.

We were very fortunate last week in that the weather was good for the annual Potters Bar Schools  Cricket tournament. For the last couple of years every time cricket has been mentioned the rain has come down and one year they had to pick the winner of the tournament by tossing a coin (which we incidentally won). This year fortunately, the sun shone and all the matches could be played. I am delighted to announce that we took 2 teams with us and we were actually so good that ‘Little Heath A’ played ‘Little Heath B’ in the final. ‘Little Heath A’ were the eventual winners and ‘Little Heath B’ were the runners – up so well done to all who took part and many thanks to Mr Mills for coaching them. This afternoon we have some girls taking part in a football tournament at Wroxham and next week is the district sports so I will let you know how we do in those in next week’s blog.

Next week is also parent consultation week. This will give parents an opportunity to see the progress their children have made since the reports were issued in February. The consultation mornings and afternoons are very busy times for the teachers and I would ask that you keep to your time allocation. If you feel there is something you would like to discuss in more depth please make an extra appointment for a different time. We are also reviewing the school aims and mission statement this term so there will be a display out on Thursday night for you to review these and also offer suggestions. For those of you who are not there on Thursday I will leave the aims in the office area for a couple of days after Thursday night to enable you to offer your suggestions.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the summer fayre. I will be in the stocks at 6.00pm.

 

No comments: