Friday 24 May 2013


I t has been a bit of a manic week for me this week which is why you have not seen me at the school gate much as I have had to attend lots of early morning meetings – thank goodness I have the half term to recover. Of course the big event in school for us this week has been Mrs Byrne’s retirement –it is still hard to believe that when we come back after the holiday she will not be in the office. She has had a great last week and with the money we collected from staff and parents we gave her an iPad. She was delighted with the gift and would like to thank everyone for their kindness and generosity.  As you already know Mrs Pepper is taking over her role and I know you will all treat her with kindness and patience as she settles into her new position.

As we have had so much on this week we were unable to hold our half termly open evening for parents to look at pupils’ books so we will be holding that the first week back after half term on Wednesday, 5th June from 3.00pm – 4.30pm. Although the Year 6 will be in Kingswood their trays will be left out so parents can look at their work if they so wish. ‘Parent Consultation Week’ will be in the week commencing June 24th which will give you another opportunity to see their work then. More details about this will follow after half-term.

Let us hope for better weather over the half term. I have just returned from the ‘Oakmere Mini Marathon’ which the children ran in sunshine last year and this year they ran in the rain.  I would like to thank all the parents who braved the weather to support their children and I look forward to seeing everyone again on Monday June 3rd - let us hope the sun is shining then! Have a great holiday everyone.

No comments: