Friday 3 May 2013


I have had a couple of late evenings this week so I am certainly glad that it is the weekend – I am pleased that it is a long one. I had the school improvement committee on Wednesday evening and last night I was at the E-safety evening which was presented by Mrs Zegallo who is our ICT co-ordinator.  The intention of the evening was to inform parents of the best way to make the most of all the wonderful aspects of the internet whilst keeping their children safe from unwanted sites or people and I certainly think that everyone who attended found it very useful and informative. I am sure that all those who attended would join me in thanking Mrs Zegallo for all her efforts.

It has come to my attention that a pupil has had their scooter taken from our bike shed. This has happened in the past and when someone has got home they have realised that they have taken the wrong scooter and then returned it to its rightful owner the next day. However this time it has been quite a few days since the scooter has disappeared and it has not been returned. May I ask everyone to check that their child has the correct scooter and also to ensure that their child’s name is on the scooter so it makes them easier to identify as a lot of scooters do look the same.

I hope to see many of you at the May Day event at Brookmans Park on Saturday 4th May which has been organised by the Rotary Club. Some of our pupils are taking part in Maypole dancing and it is always a lovely thing to watch. Other schools are also dancing and there will be lots of stalls as well so if you are free this weekend pop along. Let us hope the good weather lasts because it had to be cancelled last year because of the rain – the forecast is certainly very hopeful. Our school will be dancing at approximately 2.45pm and 3.30pm. I look forward to seeing you there.

No comments: