Friday 15 February 2013

As I predicted last week it has certainly been a busy week with lots of events and meetings for me to attend which means that I have not been seen around school as much as I would like although I can assure you that I have been working. It is also the reason that I was not at the Foundation and KS1 disco until the end as I had to attend a meeting outside of school.


On Tuesday I spent the day in school with our Hertfordshire Improvement partner Martin Tuck. He comes in every term to help us assess how the well the school is progressing and to help us set targets for ourselves to ensure that we continue to improve. He was very pleased with what he saw and was extremely happy with the progress the school has made since the Ofsted inspection so, hopefully, Ofsted will be equally impressed when they return to visit us. I do not know when they will arrive but since 5 schools in the Potters Bar area have been inspected in the last 2 months (and 4 of those were in the last 3 weeks) I do not think that it will be long but you never know with Ofsted.

As some of you may know Mr Berridge had his retirement party this week although he does not officially retire as site manager until February 28th. We will still see him every day as he is going to continue with his role as midday supervisor. I have yet to appoint a permanent replacement for him and will be re-interviewing for his position first week back – he is a very difficult act to follow. A temporary caretaker will carry out the role until I find a permanent replacement.

When we return after half term we are having a writing week in school. As part of this week the children’s author Dan Freedman will be visiting KS2 on Tuesday 25th February. A letter telling you about this in more detail has been sent home to KS2 parents today but at the end of the day after his visit he will be selling signed copies of his books which all cost £5. All his books have a football theme. All parents and children are welcome to go into the hall and have a look at his books and meet him – there is no obligation to buy anything.

All that is left for me to do is wish you all a great half term and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday 25th February.

No comments: