Friday 25 January 2013

What a week it has been or rather not a whole week, because of the snow. I know all the children get very excited at the sight of snow but it no longer has that magic for me because it means that I have to make very serious decisions. I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding during this difficult time. It is not an easy decision deciding to close the school but I have to think of the safety of everyone and also try to give people enough time to make alternate arrangements so I do apologise if any inconvenience was caused. Let us all pray for sunshine this weekend or at least temperatures warm enough to melt all the snow.


The weather unfortunately has also had an impact on some of our after school clubs but one thing it has not affected is the performance of our choir at the O2 on Tuesday night next week (unless the snow returns and we cannot get there). The choir is going to be joining many other schools to perform in a ‘Young Voices’ concert. They have been rehearsing for weeks and I would like to thank Mrs Richardson and Mr Hill for all their hard work and preparation in readiness for the concert. I am sure it will be a memorable event for all concerned (Including me) and I will let you know how it goes next week.

Let us hope that next week returns to normal and there are no more disruptions. If there have to be any changes I will inform you as soon as possible.

No comments: