Friday 29 June 2012

As usual at this time of year the pace really picks up and everyone in school feels like they are ‘chasing their tails’. You may not have seen a lot of me in school this week as I have had a lot of courses and meetings to attend but I can assure you that I have been working. Even in my absence though, great things have been happening in school.


We took part in the ‘Potters Bar Schools District Sports’ and as has been the case with many sporting events recently we won! Other schools will be starting to dread our arrival at sporting events. I would like to congratulate all those who participated in helping us to this victory and to Mr Mills for organising the team. Particular mention should be given to Sabrina, Ben, Archie and Jack from Year 6 who all broke the record in their respective events – we may see them all yet taking part in future Olympic events. We were also representing our district in the rugby event at the Herts Schools Games and although we did not win we won two out of five of our matches and drew another so we certainly did not let ourselves down and all who took part should be very proud of their performance.

Next week looks like being a more sedate week in school although I am looking forward to our music evening on Thursday when all our musicians can share their talents with us. I look forward to seeing some of you there.

No comments: