Friday 30 March 2012

Normally when I write my blog I like to share positive experiences that have occurred during the week but this week two things have happened that have made me very unhappy.


The first is that some people who were picking up a child from school parked on the yellow zig-zag lines. When Mr Berridge asked them to move the driver of the car was very abusive towards Mr Berridge and this was witnessed by a number of parents .This is unacceptable behaviour and I will not tolerate my staff been spoken to like this. The police are now dealing with this matter and they have told us that if it happens again we are to contact them immediately which is exactly what we will do if it ever happens again.

The second item that has made me unhappy is that apparently some parents have set up a facebook account to help keep parents informed of what is happening in the school. I do not see the need for this as we have our own website with class blogs to keep parents informed and we can always be contacted by telephone if people are unsure of something. Even though I can see that the account was set up with good intentions I have been informed that some parents have been discussing incidents that have occurred between children at school and then other parents have been responding to those comments. This is simply not an acceptable forum for this kind of issue – especially since only one side of the incident is being put forward. If a parent has an issue about something that has occurred in school they should discuss it with the class teacher or myself. If parents are still not happy with the response after that we have a proper complaints procedure for parents to follow.

On a happier note we have had a very exciting time in school this week. We have all been treated to a wonderful performance of ‘ Wind in the Willows’ from the pupils in Years 3, 4 and 5. I am sure that all the parents who saw it agree that it was a great show. I would like to thank all the staff involved for their efforts in making it such a success. We also had some great entries in our Easter Egg Competition and although we did select a winner from each class I think all the children deserve credit for the work they put into their designs.

I hope you all have a great Easter holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday, 17th April.

No comments: