Friday 24 February 2012

The half term seems a dim and distant memory as I have had a very busy week. I have had to attend an awful lot of meetings and that is why I have not been at the school gate any morning this week but hopefully I will be able to get out next week so that I can see everybody.


It was good to talk to some of you at our ‘Governors Breakfast’ this week. This was organised so that parents had an opportunity to see who our governors are and discuss with them their role in the school. All who attended found it an informative event and the governors found their discussions with the parents very enjoyable and motivating and they have provided them with much food for thought. The next meeting where it will be possible to meet the governors will hopefully be before the end of term where we will be inviting parents to discuss the progress of the ‘Ofsted Action Plan’.

I would also like to thank all the parents who completed our homework questionnaire. I collated the responses over half term and the link governor and I have analysed the results. When we have presented our findings to the Governing Body on March 14th I will be sending a letter out to parents giving details of the findings.

We are having a ‘Book Fair’ in school next week and I hope to see lots of you there. This is a brilliant opportunity for the school because we are allowed to spend 60% of the takings on new books so remember the more you spend the more books we will be able to buy. ‘World Book Day’ is also next Thursday and as you will know we are allowing the children to come into school dressed as their favourite book character so that should be a really fun day for the children. It will also help us highlight the importance to the children of reading books because people become great writers only by reading great literature.

Hopefully I will see a lot of you in school next week for parent consultations. I will be in school for these sessions so if you would like to see me as well you can make an appointment in advance or you can see if I am available while you are in the school. If I am not in my office I will be in another part of the school so do come and find me if you would like to see me.

No comments: