Friday 16 December 2011

We have come to the end of a very busy week at Little Heath and as I type this I can hear laughter coming from the hall as the children are watching ’Jack and the Beanstalk’ – a Christmas treat from the school. Although the Carol Service and all the shows and parties means a lot of extra work for the staff it is effort that is well rewarded and we certainly appreciate all the positive comments and thanks that we have received from parents this week. I would also like to personally thank all the people who have sent me in gifts and cards this week – if I look a little heavier in the new year it is because I have eaten all the delicious chocolates and biscuits that I have received but that is partly what Christmas is all about.


As some of you know we have links with the Fawe School which is in Freetown Sierra Leone. We have this connection as one of our parents is involved in raising funds for the school. As the school is short of materials she has asked if anyone has any old pencils, coloured pencils (even if they have been used) or reading books that they do not want then to send them into the school and she will take them with her when she visits. Any items will be appreciated as they are short of everything.

Finally, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you all enjoy the holiday and I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday, January 5th.

No comments: